What Is The Difference Between CodeIgniter and Laravel PHP Framework?What Is The Difference Between CodeIgniter and Laravel PHP Framework? https://www.lemosys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Codeigniter-VS-Laravel.jpg 850 400 Blog Blog https://www.lemosys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Codeigniter-VS-Laravel.jpg
In 2018, the PHP based frameworks CodeIgniter and Laravel are best known for the ultimate support in website development. Both these PHP frameworks are reliable, secure as well as faster for developing web applications. But, still, differences exist between the two.
Some differences between CodeIgniter and Laravel are given below-
- Support for Upgraded PHP Version- The latest PHP upgrade is version 7, It is true that both Laravel and CodeIgniter framework supports PHP 7.X. But, the programmers and testers of CodeIgniter application face issues at the time of development and testing of a project.
- Technical Documentation- No framework can beat the well-organized and easy to understand documentation of CodeIgniter. The concepts used in development and designing a website are clearly explained in the file. On the contrary, Laravel framework has tough documentation.
- Libraries Usage- Laravel has object-oriented libraries, which is easy to use during the effective website development. These libraries are supported by autocomplete feature. CodeIgniter libraries are not supported by such feature for easy development.
- Stability and Reliability- CodeIgniter and Laravel both are stable as well as reliable PHP frameworks. It is depicted that the risks of bugs and other technical issues are very less in CodeIgniter as compared to Laravel.
- Community Support- Developers of Laravel and CodeIgniter get support for working on small scale and large scale website projects. But, Laravel framework development community is wider.
- Modular Packages- Laravel works in the highlights of seclusion and it assists web developers to divide the task into little modules with the packages. And, CodeIgniter demands developers to keep up modules by using a modular extension.
- Streamlining of Database- Laravel gives emphasize on skeptic relocations making it less essential to share the database without complex coding. However, CodeIgniter gives no highlight for database pattern relocation.
- In-built Template Engine- CodeIgniter has an inbuilt template engine. This template engine is based on templating language. Also, learning this language for developers is easy. Laravel has a template engine called blade for optimizing the web performance.
- HTTPS Support- HTTPS protocols transmit information in a secured manner. Laravel supports HTTPs routes and provides great security. However, CodeIgniter doesn’t support HTTPS completely.
- REST Application Programming Interface- Laravel provides RESTful controllers to develop different REST application programming interfaces without the need to put extra time and effort. With CodeIgniter framework, users need to write additional code for building REST API.
- Output Caching- CodeIgniter comes with the benefits of output caching during CodeIgniter website development. In this framework, web pages are cached to reduce the loading time. Laravel also support unified API for various caching backend and its located in config/cache.php.
- Object Relation Mapping- Laravel utilizes eloquent as object relation. While CodeIgniter makes use of a modified version of a database pattern called active record to manage database operations in less coding.
- Authentication Feature- In Laravel, authentication class is provided that helps developers to implement authorization and authentication. But, the users need to write custom CodeIgniter extension to utilize authenticate and authorize features.
- Routing- Laravel and CodeIgniter provide the option of PHP frameworks, the features enable developers to route the requests in an efficient manner. It only needs to be registered by a specific user to respond to multiple HTTP verbs.
- Security- For any kind of website application, security is a major concern. Laravel is featured with better authorization and authentication check. It clears that Laravel is more secured framework than CodeIgniter.
Well, the PHP developers still need to evaluate added features of Laravel and CodeIgniter according to the demands of business requirements. This would help them to select the perfect PHP framework for website development.
You can also take assistance from the trusted website development company such as Lemosys Infotech. Lemosys Infotech is the top-rated PHP development company serving to national and international clients since 2007. They work on both the frameworks Laravel as well as CodeIgniter and have a better experience for successful website development.
Call now at +1-713-515-0523 to discuss with Lemosys
You might also like
Which are The Best PHP Development Companies in India?Which are The Best PHP Development Companies in India? https://www.lemosys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Top-10-PHP-Development-Companies-in-India.jpg 850 400 Blog Blog https://www.lemosys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Top-10-PHP-Development-Companies-in-India.jpg
10 PHP Development Tools for Dedicated PHP Developers in 201810 PHP Development Tools for Dedicated PHP Developers in 2018 https://www.lemosys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Top-PHP-Development-Tools.jpg 850 400 Blog Blog https://www.lemosys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Top-PHP-Development-Tools.jpg
Why PHP Is Most Preferred Platform For Website Development?Why PHP Is Most Preferred Platform For Website Development? https://www.lemosys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/PHP-Best-Website-Development-Platform.jpg 850 400 Blog Blog https://www.lemosys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/PHP-Best-Website-Development-Platform.jpg