Google's Calendar app is a straightforward, easy-to-use calendar app that will fulfill most people's needs. Google Pixel phones ship with it installed for free, so many people default to using it without considering other apps. It's a good decision, as Google Calendar has plenty of tools like daily agenda emails and schedule comparisons to get your calendar under control.
If Google Calendar on a desktop is your preferred platform, you can utilize an array of powerful shortcuts on your desktop to boost productivity. We included some must-use shortcuts below, but check out the full list of Calendar shortcuts on Google's support page.
Organizing an event is challenging for people with busy schedules. To help decide on the best time, Google Calendar lets you view all participant's schedules simultaneously. 1. Open Google Calendar. 2. Tap the Plus button in the lower-right corner of the screen. 3. Tap Event.2 ImageClose 4. Tap Add people to add participants. 5. Tap View schedules to see all participants' schedules simultaneously.Close
Google Calendar automatically notifies people of any changes to an event, so you don't need to send out an email if you're adjusting an event's details.
But if you need to send a message directly to all participants, Google Calendar can help. 1. Open Google Calendar. 2. Tap an event. 3. Tap the Mail button next to the guests heading. 4. Select one of the pre-written messages, or tap Write your own. Selecting a pre-written message creates a draft in Gmail, but it won't immediately send the message.2 ImageClose 5. Google Calendar creates a Gmail draft with all the recipients.Close
Sharing your calendar lets others check your availability in seconds. While people can view your calendar on any platform.
1. Open Google Calendar on your desktop. 2. Hover over one of your calendars on the left side of your screen. 3. Click the ellipses button. 4. Click Settings and share.2 Image Close 5. Click the Get Shareable link. The Make available to public option makes your calendar visible to anyone and appears in Google search results. 6. Copy the link and send it. Close
Google Calendar's automatic reminders are handy, but you may want to adjust when these reminders appear, as they default to 30 minutes. You can also set multiple notifications for important events.
1. Open Google Calendar. 2. Tap the event you wish to modify. 3. Tap the Edit button in the upper-right corner of your screen. 4. Tap Add notification.2 Image lose 5. Select a preset time, or select Custom to add your own. 6. Tap X on any notification to delete it.
Google Calendar suggests Quick Responses when you email event participants. There are four options, and while the generic messages are useful for most situations, you might want to adjust them to something more personal.
1. Open Google Calendar. 2. Tap the hamburger menu button in the upper-left corner of your screen. 3. Tap Settings. 4. Tap General.2 ImageClose 5. Scroll down and tap Quick responses. 6. Tap any of the messages to edit.2 ImageClose
One of Google Calendar's drawbacks is that it's fairly simplistic. Power users might find it too limiting by itself. However, like Google Chrome, Google Calendar has many extensions to increase its capabilities.
1. Open Google Calendar for desktop. 2. Click the plus button on the right side of your screen. Close 3. Search, filter, and install extensions.
Many of us work with people around the world, and it's easy to get confused by time zones.
1. Click the Settings menu button (Cog icon) in the upper-right corner of your screen. 2. Click Settings from the drop-down menu. 3. Scroll down to the Time Zone heading. 4. Check the Display secondary time zone checkbox. 5. Choose a time zone from the drop-down menu. 6. Return to your calendar to see the secondary time zone displayed to the left of the primary.
Everyone's mistakenly deleted events at some point. Google Calendar's Bin feature lets you recover deleted events, restoring all associated information.
1. Click the Settings menu button (Cog icon) in the upper-right corner of your screen. 2. Click Bin from the drop-down menu. 3. Select the checkboxes next to the events you wish to recover. 4. A new button (arrow pointing backward) appears above your events. Click this to restore the selected events. Events in your Bin are deleted after 30 days.